Sunday, December 2, 2012

Knitting the clouds away

January 5, 2011 It's rained every day since December 25 (when we arrived). I've gotten several projects done since then--a blanket/shawl, two neck warmers, and 2 shawlettes. I'm working on a third shawlette and am thinking about casting on for some socks. I need a portable project. Life is easier when you've got knitting in hand.

My best knitting friend is moving away soon and I'm quite bummed. She is incredibly talented--can spot a mistake at 10 paces, and intuitively understands concepts that I struggle with. Wish her well, though.

Austin has been in a drought (again), Teresópolis is having plenty of rain and fall temperatures in summer. I'm happy as a clam tucked in the house knitting and watching the entire series of Carnivale (bizarre, but quite good).

No comments:

Post a Comment